I Don't Respond Well to Stress

Monday, February 8, 2010

Here is what my little girl looked like yesterday.



This is what she looks like now after lots of blood, tears, screaming (from her and I...and my 4yr old who watched in horror), a frantic dash to my paramedic neighbor, a panicked call to my husband at work, and a visit to her pediatricians urgent care.



Here is the missing piece of lip flesh that I found hanging in her bloodied hair...or maybe it was in her hand...I was so freaked out I can't remember clearly. I put it in a bag with ice in case it could be reattached. Dr says that the missing bit should grow back as it was and that there is no need to sew anything back on. I hope he's right. You know how teenage girls can be about their imperfections. I wish I could say that I passed the trauma test with flying colors but I totally FAILED!! Just ask my husband. Ella is fine though and is playing as usual just a bit worse for wear. I'm off to go clean up the rest of the mess. Hope your Monday is off to a better start than mine!!

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! My 2 year old broke off one of his front teeth-in HALF when he was 1 and I cried and cried. I know it's a baby tooth-but still-no more super cute big teeth grin pictures until he gets permanent teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! We've been down that road several times, mostly with my boys. What happened?? I don't do well with blood either, I get weak in the knees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor baby...hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope shes OK. . My Goodness! Poor baby!! Hope you can share what happened when you re coop. . Its the worst when they get hurt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless your cute baby hope she'll recover nicely...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger